Friday, January 25, 2008

Start Clapping!

The other night I was teaching our 3 year old little girl how to shoot hoops on our Fisher Price basketball hoop. I grew up playing a lot of basketball and must admit that I am a huge fan of the sport. I'm really hoping our kids will take an interest in playing basketball as well.

In an effort to cultivate this interest, I was showing her how to shoot the ball. I also, strategically, made all kinds of noise and applause every time she made a basket--hoping she'd find this encouraging. This went on for probably about 30 minutes until I got distracted with one of the other kids and didn't see her make a basket.

She walked up to me grabbed my face and turned it towards her. Then she put both hands on her hips, scrunched up her face, and said in a disgruntled voice, "START CLAPPING!" It was one of those moments you had to be there to really appreciate. Somehow I think whatever activities or hobbies she chooses to do, she won't have a problem demanding the attention she deserves.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Really? You love basketball, didn't know that one!!