Monday, November 19, 2007

The Sweet Spot

All you have to do is watch about 5 minutes of AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos) to realize that kids have a gift for locating and attacking a certain region of the male anatomy, which I will furthermore refer to as the sweet spot.

The other night I was wrestling with the kids on the floor and made the rookie mistake of laying on my back (what was I thinking?!) and bear hugging my 2 year old daughter. This gave my 4 year old son the window he needed to land a flying headbutt right in the sweet spot. I understand accidents happen, we are all human, but my kids (all of them) connect at a frequency that I can no longer excuse to mere coincidence or chance.

Probably the most embarrassing episode was at the amusement park. I was waiting in line with the kids for a ride. My son wasn't too thrilled with the wait and started to leave the line. I told him to come back and in his frustration he ran at me and connected with his fist. I heard about 20 people groan "OOOOH! OOOOUCH! AAAAH!" in sympathy as I jack knifed to my knees. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to get us to the front of the line.

Anyway, I'm thinking of starting a brand of protective equipment for fathers. We have protection for hockey, baseball, and other sports, why not being a father? I'd love to see the kids little faces when their head or fist connected with a piece of American forged steel! Stay tuned for where to buy your made in the USA "Blockstrap" (patent pending--all rights reserved).

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Let me know where i can find a "Blockstrap." It would make a great Christmas gift for all Dads out there!