Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Short Circuited Relationship

Recently I read an article about a scientist that claims by the year 2050 the first human to robot wedding will take place. How far have we sunk as a society that we would consider such garbage?

Look, I like technology and gadgets as much as the next guy, but to think of marrying something made in a factory in China, gives me chills. Besides, what kind of a warranty would I get? Those tech support guys in India think they have it tough when your Dell crashes, wait till it is someone's better half! I can just picture a typical support call...

"Hello, how am I helping you today?"

"Please help, my wife's slumped over in the casserole pan and there's sparks coming out her ears! Oh please help! 911 laughed and hung up on me!"

"Are you tring a reboot? Thank you and have a nice day."

"Wait, don't hang up! I've tried that!"

"Is she having her battery plugged in, also a very common mistake!"

"Yes, yes, of course it is! I said she had sparks coming out her ears!"

"Sir, I am trying to help. Do not be losing your temper. Are you liking strawberry ice-cream? It is my very favorite flavor!"

"What?!"

"I am also liking chocolate, but strawberry is my very best."

"What are you talking about?! My wife, she's dying!"

"OK, you will be needing to pay to ship her to China for a replacement. In about 3 months you will be getting a new unit."

OK, I'll stop there, you get the idea. Not a pretty picture.

I'm making light of all this, but marriage used to be pretty easy to define. It was a 3 way covenant or contract between husband, wife, and God. We need to be tolerant and loving of all people and the lifestyle they choose. But for the good of our country and our tech support friends in India, lets remember what the word marriage means!

No comments: