Sunday, October 7, 2007

Snap Happy

Tonight I'm trying to get my 9 month old girl into her jammies and she starts doing her patented death roll. Those of you with Discovery Channel know what I'm talking about. The death roll is used by a crocodile to subdue its prey; it will spin and spin under water until its victim gives up.

How my 9 month old daughter perfected this move, is beyond me. But it seems that all my kids had that move at her age as well. But here is the point, why do they put all those snaps on baby clothes? Obviously the people who make baby clothes have never had a child of their own, or they'd know the joy involved in trying to fasten 20 plus snaps during a full death roll.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a snap hater (i.e. snapophobe). I believe there are good applications for snaps, like boat covers or as a fly safety mechanism. But have these people not got the memo about the zipper being invented or velcro for that matter? I have to admit that I was fantasizing about velcro during tonights episode. Maybe there is an untapped niche market there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Good point!