Monday, May 26, 2008

Virtually Made It

The other day we took the kids to the park. Earlier in the day I watched my four year old son, Reid, perform amazing feats on the game cube game "Mario Dance Party". It was a real blow to my pride to be bested by a four year old.

At the park I was pushing the kids on the swing and I saw Reid trying to time the swing so he could run behind it. I watched him bolt for it just in time to have the swing and child nail him in the head and send him flying. I ran to make sure he was alright, but then had to fight back the urge to laugh about the whole situation.

Earlier in the day I was so impressed with my son's timing and ability to perform in a video game. But when it came to a real world situation he wasn't as impressive. I guess we better hit the gym together.

No comments: